We are proud to introduce Academic Coaching! This free service reimagines the Study Plan Consultant program and adds new elements, giving students even more tools to succeed. Students can schedule a one-on-one meeting with an Academic Coach to learn and practice studentship skills, such as effective note-taking, studying strategies, time management, and identifying resources.
How Academic Coaches help you?
- Help with Metacognition: “awareness and understanding of one’s own thought processes,” or learning how to learn!
- Methods to efficiently learn and practice proper studentship skills, so you can make the most of your time both inside and outside of class
- Our tutors are trained in a variety of studentship skills
- Setting goals
- Time management
- Memory techniques
- Building good study habits
- Exam preparation
- Test-taking and test anxiety
- How to use Microsoft 365 Office
- How to use Canvas effectively
- Self-care and wellness
Where and when can you get help?
Appointments can be scheduled through MU Connect by searching for Academic Coaching
- Contact Charles “Trey” Brock, Algebra/Finite, Foreign Language, and Engineering Tutoring & Academic Coaching Coordinator
- Schedule a meeting through MU Connect
Have you attended one of our Academic Coaching sessions? Let us know how it went by filling out this brief evaluation!