The following departmental offices are often a good source of tutors-for-hire. This list is not associated with the Learning Center and is only provided as an another resource for students searching for additional tutoring help.
- 117 Schweitzer; (573) 882-4845 or 1-800-647-2414
* Trulaske College of Business:
- A list of available Business Administration, Accountancy, Finance, Marketing, and Management peer tutors-for-hire is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAFNR (College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources):
- Free to all students:
- Any Chemistry-related topic (and Physics and Math)
- Rm 1-64 Agriculture Building: noon-5 p.m. Tues, Wed, & Thurs and by appt. (573) 884-5975
- email@example.com CAFNR “Super Tutor” Mr. Levine
- 125 Chemistry Building; (573) 882-8374
- 118 Professional Building and Help Desk in 1A West (in basement); (573) 882-0063
- See the current semester’s College of Engineering tutoring schedule here. All tutoring sessions will be conducted via Zoom for Fall 2020. Email Nick Balser firstname.lastname@example.org for classes not listed or other questions.
- 101 Geology Building; (573) 882-6785
- Contact the School of Journalism at (573) 882-0847.
* Latin and Greek:
- Students taking Latin or Greek at MU can get free tutoring through the Dept. of Ancient Mediterranean Studies (formerly Dept. of Classical Studies)
- The Mathematics Department keeps an online list of tutors for hire:
Department of Mathematics Tutor List
- Email email@example.com.
- The School of Music has a list of tutors-for-hire in 203 Sinquefield Music Center: (573) 882-2606.
- Faculty of specific courses also have names of tutors to recommend.
- The German and Russian Studies Department, in 448 Strickland Hall; (573) 882-4328, can recommend graduate students who can do private tutoring for Arabic, German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
- For help in Chinese, email Michael Volz firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Financial Planning:
- There are TA office hours available in 240A Stanley Hall for PFP 2183. Make sure to check with your teacher for times since they are constantly changing from semester to semester.
* Political Science:
- For assistance, contact your Teaching Assistant (TA) or Bill Horner at HornerWT@missouri.edu.
- 100 McAlester Hall, (573) 884-3811 or email Melanie Irish at email@example.com.
* School of Languages, Literatures & Cultures:
- A list of available Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese tutors-for-hire is availabale at 143 Arts and Science Building, (573) 882-4874. Or, you can email the office manager at McKeeBrownD@missouri.edu or firstname.lastname@example.org.