The following departmental offices are often a good source of tutors for hire. This list is not associated with the Learning Center and is only provided as a resource for students searching for additional tutoring help.
- 117 Schweitzer; (573) 882-4845 or 1-800-647-2414
Trulaske College of Business:
- A list of available Business Administration, Accountancy, Finance, Marketing, and Management peer tutors-for-hire is available by emailing email@example.com.
* CAFNR (College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources):
- You are invited to attend open Zoom meetings throughout the Fall 2021 semester with Mr. Levine (firstname.lastname@example.org), our very own Super Tutor. You’ll need to register once to receive your invite, after which you may attend as often (or as seldom) as you like.
- These help-sessions are available to you at no additional cost as an MU student looking for assistance with your coursework in any Chemistry, Biochemistry, Math, or Physics classes.
- When: Tuesdays and Thursdays, Noon to 5:00 PM.
- Register in advance for these meetings at: https://umsystem.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYkd-CqpjgrE9Kj5C6GwxBKKskxt3ArGL2q
- To expedite the process, please use your university email address when registering,
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. There will be a short wait between registering and receiving your invite, so do NOT procrastinate. Do this now, as in not right before the test!
- 125 Chemistry Building; (573) 882-8374
* Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences:
- Faculty are always willing to meet with students one-on-one for any issues or questions!
- Respiratory Therapy – Jennifer Keely (KeelyJL@health.missouri.edu)
- Radiography – Dr. Carla Allen (AllenCar@health.missouri.edu)
- Nuclear Medicine – Jeff Galen (GalenJA@health.missouri.edu)
- Ultrasound – Dr. Moses Hdeib (HdeibM@health.missouri.edu)
- Clinical Laboratory Sciences/Med Tech – Alese Thompson (AleseThompson@health.missouri.edu)
- Student Support – Adria Koehn (KoehnA@health.missouri.edu)
* College of Education & Human Development (CEHD):
- We encourage students to reach out to the student support staff for any questions or requests you may have!
- The Department of Communication can assist students or student organizations who may need consultation on public speaking events or projects. If you plan to present research, give a keynote, or attend a formal competition with a presentation component and want the advice of experts on our campus, please reach out to the Director of Public Speaking to set up a conversation!
- Contact Information: Dr. Cassandra Kearney, KearneyC@missouri.edu.
- Main Desk: 118 Professional Building; (573) 882-0063.
- Eric Parsons, Director of Undergraduate Studies – 128 Professional Building; (573) 882-8780; email@example.com.
- See the current semester’s College of Engineering tutoring schedule here. Email Nick Balser firstname.lastname@example.org for classes not listed or other questions.
- 101 Geology Building; (573) 882-6785.
- For questions about possible tutors, please reach out to Megan McKinstry, TA/Coordinator for the Elementary German series: (573) 219-7696 (text) or email@example.com.
- Contact the School of Journalism, Student Services office at (573) 882-1045.
Latin and Greek:
- Students taking Latin or Greek at MU can get free tutoring through the Dept. of Ancient Mediterranean Studies (formerly Dept. of Classical Studies)
- The Mathematics Department keeps an online list of tutors for hire:
Department of Mathematics Tutor List
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The School of Music has a list of tutors-for-hire in 203 Sinquefield Music Center: (573) 882-2606.
- Faculty of specific courses also have names of tutors to recommend.
* Personal Financial Planning:
- There are TA office hours available in 135C Mumford Hall for PFP 2183. Make sure to check with your instructor for times since they change from semester to semester.
- Some graduate students provide tutoring each semester. Contact the Physics Department at email@example.com for more information.
- For assistance, contact your Teaching Assistant (TA) or Bill Horner at HornerWT@missouri.edu.
- Advising Office: 203 McAlester Hall, (573) 884-3811 or email Melanie Irish at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*School of Languages, Literatures, & Cultures:
- Lists of available Spanish, French, and Italian tutors-for-hire are available at 143 Arts and Science Building, (573) 882-1915. Or you can email office support staff at ToddAC@missouri.edu.
- Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish are all together in the SLLC now.
- A list of students who do personal tutoring for Statistics is available in the office located at 146 Middlebush Hall; (573) 882-6376, or by email at email@example.com.
- For SAS and SPSS Statistical Software Support, visit the Social Science Statistics Center for current times and locations.
* Textile & Apparel Management (TAM):
- TAM has three TAM Peer Mentors, which serve as a resource for undergraduate students:
(* = most up-to-date information)