The following departmental offices are often a good source of resources and tutors for hire. This list is not associated with the Learning Center and is only provided as a resource for students searching for additional tutoring help.
- Main Office: 112 Swallow Hall
- Office Phone: 573-882-4731
- Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students can also email department chair Todd VanPool (email@example.com) for more information or assistance, as well as for a list of Graduate Students who can tutor.
- 117 Schweitzer; (573) 882-4845 or 1-800-647-2414
- 125 Chemistry Building; (573) 884-6832.
- Students can also email Jerry Brightwell at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on assistance, as well as for a list of Graduate Students who can tutor.
*Classics, Archaeology, and Religion:
- Students taking Latin or Greek at MU can get free tutoring through the Department of Classics, Archaeology, and Religion.
- For more information on Latin and Greek tutoring, please contact Raymond Marks, Associate Professor, at email@example.com.
*Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences:
- Faculty are always willing to meet with students one-on-one for any issues or questions!
- Respiratory Therapy – Jennifer Keely (KeelyJL@health.missouri.edu), 615 Lewis Hall
- Radiography – Dr. Carla Allen (AllenCar@health.missouri.edu), 619 Lewis Hall
- Nuclear Medicine – Jeff Galen (GalenJA@health.missouri.edu), 611 Lewis Hall
- Ultrasound – Alice Townsend (firstname.lastname@example.org), 405 Lewis Hall
- Clinical Laboratory Sciences/Med Tech – Alese Thompson (AleseThompson@health.missouri.edu), 617 Lewis Hall
- Student Support – Adria Koehn (KoehnA@health.missouri.edu), 622 Lewis Hall
College of Education & Human Development (CEHD):
- We encourage students to reach out to the student support staff for any questions or requests you may have! We will support and refer students to resources.
- The Department of Communication can assist students or student organizations who may need consultation on public speaking events or projects. If you plan to present research, give a keynote, or attend a formal competition with a presentation component and want the advice of experts on our campus, please reach out to the Director of Public Speaking to set up a conversation!
- Contact Information: Dr. Caroline Waldbuesser, email@example.com.
- Main Desk: 615 Locust Street, E204D; (573) 882-0063.
- Eric Parsons, Director of Undergraduate Studies – 615 Locust St., W108; (573) 882-8780; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See the current semester’s College of Engineering tutoring schedule here.
- Email Nick Balser email@example.com for classes not listed or other questions.
- 101 Geology Building; (573) 882-6785.
- Contact the School of Journalism, Student Services office at (573) 882-1045 OR
- Student Services’ email address: JournalismStudentServices@missouri.edu
- The Mathematics Department keeps an online list of tutors for hire:
Department of Mathematics Tutor List
- The School of Music has a list of tutors-for-hire in 203 Sinquefield Music Center: (573) 882-2606.
- Faculty of specific courses also have names of tutors to recommend.
- For questions about undergraduate V_PBIO courses (not MICROB courses) contact the Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, 201 Connaway Hall, College of Veterinary Medicine. Phone: (573) 882-6550.
*Personal Financial Planning:
- There are TA office hours available in 135C Mumford Hall for FINPLN 2183. Make sure to check with your instructor for times since they change from semester to semester. Dr. Ivey’s TA will have online hours, please check Canvas for specific days/hours.
Physics and Astronomy:
- Some graduate students provide tutoring each semester. Contact the Physics Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- For assistance, contact your Teaching Assistant (TA) or Bill Horner at HornerWT@missouri.edu.
- Advising Office: 203 McAlester Hall, (573) 884-3811 or email Melanie Irish at email@example.com.
School of Languages, Literatures & Cultures:
- Lists of available Spanish, French, and Italian tutors-for-hire are available at 143 Arts and Science Building, (573) 882-1915. Or you can email office support staff at ToddAC@missouri.edu.
- Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish are all together in the SLLC now.
- For questions about possible German tutors, please reach out to Megan McKinstry, TA/Coordinator for the Elementary German series: (573) 219-7696 (text) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A list of students who do personal tutoring for Statistics is available in the office located at 146 Middlebush Hall; (573) 882-6376, or by email at email@example.com.
- Center for Applied Statistics and Data Analysis (CASDA) provides support to whom need to get help using statistical software such as R, SAS, SPSS, STATA. Visit the website for Zoom office hours or use the Statistical Support Request Form.
Textile & Apparel Management (TAM):
- TAM has three TAM Peer Mentors, which serve as a resource for undergraduate students:
Trulaske College of Business:
- A list of available Business Administration, Accountancy, Finance, Marketing, and Management peer tutors-for-hire is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Women and Gender Studies:
- Contact the Department of Women and Gender Studies at 325 Strickland Hall; (573) 882-2703, or by email at email@example.com.
(* = most up-to-date information)